Sunday, December 21, 2008

The Holiday Party

So I've been remiss in keeping up with current events. Lets see if I can get you a tad updated. First weekend in December my reenacting friends all gather together at the clubhouse for what we all refer to as "The Holiday Party." Everybody brings some food & usually we have snow (but not this year), but other than that its not really holiday related. Gives us all a chance to get together again. After all the last event has been a few months ago, We all want to catch up on whats happening with who and the fellas can all compare beards. Often we rehash all the events for the past year, sometimes pictures come out, and we banter about the events we'd like to play at next season.


The clubhouse isn't Big - but we do manage to pack all of us in there. A tad chilly at first, the woodstove eventually puts out some heat, and having 20 -30 people in there certainly warms things up (its a tight fit, good thing we're all friendly, huh?) I had a wicked cold that was going around the office but was determined to be there or else. So with a large quantity of dayquil & other assorted meds I was there... slightly off kilter from the stuffed head and meds I was taking. The clubhouse is a fulled stocked backyard bar - plus a keg is ussually going. This year I drank soda most the evening as the cold meds were doing a number on me already, I didn't need any beer on top of that.

This was the year of the Black Watch Plaid. Three fellas were wearing it, one gal had a scarf and there were a few other green shirts in there to complement the plaid wearers. We had a baked ham and ribs, & meat pies to chow on this year; Its always a slightly different menu although Jamie's grandma always makes us cookies. I car-pooled with Eddie (behind me in the pix on the right above) from Waterbury. we stayed pretty much til the end of the party (Midnight? 1 am?). Several of the folks traveling for more than an hour or two crash at the local's homes - Being the clubhouse is 3 hours from waterbury, we stayed the night at the Jp & Sue's house (JP in the plaid munching on the pix on the left) which is typical for us going to a meeting at the clubhouse. Was great seeing everyone even if I was sick, and the party is always a highlight for the winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment